Eli is the web application written in PHP. It's distributed as a package which you need to install on your own webserver (similarly to Drupal or WordPress). You can have as many testing versions as you want (localhost or online). The package can be translated and downloaded at this site (you will get account at the BCCapp training). The updates are going to be available at this site also.
- webhosting (I recomend Wedos)
- domain or subdomain (with your national top-level domain)
- https - SSL certificate (ask the webhosting for the Let's Encrypt support to get one for free)
- Good security policy (not homemade hosting)
- Apache server (not Nginx)
- PHP 7.1 (PHP 7.4 is recomended)
- MySql database
- Sqlite support (pdo_sqlite PHP extension enabled)
- PHP mail() function or SMTP server
- PHP Fileinfo extension enabled
- PHP ZipArchive extension enabled
- PHP cURL extension is recomended (allows to check for updates)
- Apache "mod_rewrite" support
- Allowed to upload at least 20 MB files "upload_max_filesize" (or up to 100 MB if you want to use video)
- Allowed to send 2000 input variables "max_input_vars" (if you want to use editor)
- App takes just a few MB, but audio and video content might require more
Prepare for your app
- Name (we use: Seek and find, BibleAdventure, Click, Open!)
- Translation of lessons (the Word files are available to national coordinators)
- Transparent logo (templates are available to national coordinators)
- Promotion (templates are available to national coordinators)
The national coordinator and content manager should be trained at official BCCapp training.
The national coordinator manages the application, content managers and guides. He has a manager account at the bccapp.info and an administrator account at the local instance of ELI application. He is also the contact person for the developers of application.
A person with computer skills. Content manager installs the ELI application, uses an editor account at the local instance of ELI and manages translation of the app and content. He can create new lessons in built in application editor.
Guides review lessons from children and write letters with children in local instance of application.
If you are interested in starting the BCC App in your country, you can ask Daniel Fér at email@example.com. You will get training for the National Coordinator and Content Manager. During training you will get the account here at bccapp.info, where you can translate and download application.